Thursday, January 19, 2012

TRYING THIS AGAIN

Well, I'm trying this again and hoping to succeed.  I had a big lesson yesterday at the shop from the 3 computer literates who are more than 20 years younger than me......"When you started playing the piano, did you start by playing anything you wanted......or did you have to learn?"  Well, after admitting that I began with John Thompson's 10 fingers bit.....Here we go, up a row, to a birthday party.  It got through to me that I couldn't give up. 


The pics on the right were to go between the paragraphs written about......what I have been up to...so insert where you feel they are appropriate.....and understand where I'm going and......more been!!!!
Now I'm not sure what just happened by I am going to figure this out. This is one of the sewing portfolios opened and laying inside the large tray.  And this pic is a shot of the trays I love.  On the right side of the posting you'll see some shots of the trays as I use them on my lap or on the end table by my chair.
The picture just below the four of us opening the shop in 1979!!!! is a picture of Hawk Run Hollow, one that I am stitching and one that Phyllis has been working on.  Oh my, I just did something and right there it is!   This chart came in several months ago and I loved it.  I have taken some updated pictures.   The designer called for 40ct. parchment linen.  I have magnifiers, but I couldn't bring myself to work this big thing on 40 ct. .....so I'm using unbleached 28 count which reminds me of the Danish linen I used to work on years ago.  
Also the arrangement of blocks of samplers....12 in all with the center a double block.....was quite wide on 40ct./20 stitches to inch....or on 28ct./14 stitches to the inch.  I found, thanks to Barb Summer, that the designer had shown another arrangement in the chart pack.....That is what I am using. 
I'm going to  "publish this now" and hope to learn even more and discuss the above piece with you talking about the term  "compensation"........something that is very helpful to me!!!
Till then......stitch it, share with a friend, and oh yes, make a difference!!!!!    RE

2 comments: